General Statement of Intent
Health and Safety is a matter of shared concern and responsibility for all members of staff, board members, volunteers and users of REN. This policy has been prepared to meet the legal requirements contained in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and associated legislation.
REN recognises that making appropriate provision to secure the health and safety of employees and the general public is an integral part of our functions and activities.
In pursuance of this responsibility, it is recognised that there is the need to conduct our activities in a manner which requires to comply with the law.
- To promote a good working environment which takes account of changes in health and safety legislation.
- To assist in the development of safe practices and safe systems of work.
- To maintain an updated first aid box and an accurate record of accidents /incidences and assist in the investigation of incidents.
- To provide a focal point for the communication and publicity of Health and Safety matters.
- To provide adequate control over the Health & Safety risks which arise from working tasks or duties.
- To consult employees and members of the organisation on matters which could affect their health and safety.
- To maintain safe equipment.
- To ensure the safe handling and use of all substances.
- To provide all employees with information, instruction and supervision of health and safety issues.
- To provide adequate training to all employees to ensure they are competent to do their job.
- To eliminate and prevent accidents and work-related ill-health.
- On a regular basis, REN will aim to ensure that the Health and Safety Policy is continually monitored. Where necessary the alterations will be made by the Board members.